Total Time: 8-10 min, Prep-2 min, cooking-8 min
Level of making: very easy, Taste: Tasty, Serve: 3-4
Roasted Lotus seeds – Phool Makhana Recipe
To make your own Roasted Lotus seeds – Phool Makhana here is the recipe
Phool makhana which is also well known as fox nuts or lotus seeds has been proven to be high nutrients food which is rich of medical properties good for daily health diet. The nutrients contained are the super source for vitamin, mineral and fiber while the medical properties have been proven to be beneficial for diabetic patient and those who have hypertension history. Below are 20 health benefits of phool makhana you should know:
Rich of Calcium
Good for Blood Pressure
Enhance Sexual Power
Helping Dealing with Digestion
Beneficial for Diabetic Patient
Weight Loss Solution
Contained Special Enzyme to Fight Aging
Useful for Heart Disease
Good for Pregnant Women
Recommended for Vegetarian
Good for Respiratory System
Contained Calming Properties to Release Stress
Good Antioxidant Source
Good for Kidney
(measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml capacity)
3 cups Phool makhana (foxnuts / puffed lotus seeds)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chili powder
½ teaspoon dry curry leaves
1 teaspoon chaat masala
Rock salt as per taste
Black pepper as per taste
2 to 3 teaspoon oil
Method / Directions & Preparation : –
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
2. Add the makhana and roast for a good 10-12 minutes on a low flame till they become crisp and crunchy. keep on stirring in between.
3. Lastly add all the spices, curry leaves and salt, except chaat masala.
4. Switch off the fire as you don’t want the spice powders to get burnt.
5. Stir the whole mixture well.
6. Lastly sprinkle the chaat masala powder and again mix well.
7. Serve roasted makhana straightaway.
8. Or once they cool down, store roasted makhana in an airtight container.
Enjoy anytime as a healthy snack alone or with tea.
If you are not a weight watcher then you also can roast these foxnuts in little oil (sesame oil / ghee / olive oil)
Mix all spices in oil except chat masala and sprinkle this mixture over makhanas while roasting & roast for feqw more minutes.
Its a Yoginitya Presentation
All Rights Reserved.
Give us your suggestions to improve this recipe at email@example.com
Be The Yogic Chef to serve the globe. JOIN NOW
Send your recipe pics to win reward ! We choose The Best. Click Here
If you like our recipe click the like button below